Is your water heater on the fritz? You’re not alone. According to a recent study, nearly 1 in 10 homeowners will experience a water heater repair in Barnegat, NJin their lifetime. While some repairs are inevitable, there are a few things you can do to prolong the life of the water heater and avoid costly repairs down the road. Here are a few tips:
1. Know the capacity of the water heater: This is important because if you constantly run out of hot water, then it could be a sign that your water heater is too small for your needs. If this is the case, you may need to upgrade to a larger unit.
2. Set the thermostat to the correct temperature: The recommended temperature is 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything lower can result in lukewarm water, and anything higher can strain the unit and potentially cause it to break down prematurely.
3. Insulate the water heater: This is especially important if you have an electric water heater. Insulating the unit can help keep the water inside hot for longer, saving you energy and money on your utility bills.
4. Drain the unit regularly: Draining your water heater regularly (every six months or so) can help remove sediment that has built up over time. Sediment can cause the unit to work harder and ultimately lead to a breakdown.
5. Don’t wait until it’s too late: If you notice any strange noises coming from the water heater, or if it takes longer than usual for the water to heat up, don’t ignore it! These could be signs that something is wrong and you may need to call a professional for help. If possible, you can schedule tankless water heater maintenance services in Barnegat, NJ to help prevent potential problems before they start.
Taking these simple steps can help you avoid water heater repair in Barnegat, NJ, and extend the life of your unit. However, if you do find yourself in need of repairs, be sure to call a licensed and experienced professional like Plumber Near Me for assistance. Trying to fix the problem yourself could make matters worse and end up costing you more money in the long run.
Plumber Near Me is a licensed and insured plumbing company that has been serving homeowners in Barnegat, NJ for several years. We offer a wide range of services, including water heater repair and installation, drain cleaning, leak detection and repair, sewer line repair and replacement, and much more. Call us today at 609-618-6836 to schedule a consultation or to enquire about our water heater installation cost in Barnegat, NJ