If you’re like most people, your garbage disposal gets a lot of use. And, if you’re not careful, it can easily wear out and need to be replaced. Here are five ways to maximize the lifespan of your garbage disposal in Barnegat, NJ:
1) Use cold water: Cold water helps to solidify grease and fats, making them easier to grind up. It also prevents your disposal from overheating.
2) Don’t overload it: Your garbage disposal is designed to handle small amounts of food at a time. Overloading it will cause it to jam, and potentially break.
3) Avoid tough-to-grind items: Coffee grounds, egg shells, and chicken bones are all tough on your garbage disposal. If you must dispose of them, do so in small amounts and run plenty of cold water to help grind them up.
4) Use a disposal cleaner: Over time, your garbage disposal can become gunked up with grease and grime. Using a disposal cleaner regularly will help to keep it clean and running smoothly.
5) Inspect it regularly: It’s a good idea to take a look at your garbage disposal every so often to make sure everything is in working order. If you notice any problems, call a professional for repairs.
By following these simple tips, you can help to ensure that your garbage disposal lasts for many years to come.
If you need assistance with your garbage disposal, or for new water filtration installation in Barnegat, NJ, be sure to contact Plumber Near Me. We are a full-service plumbing company that can take care of all your needs.
We are also experienced in sump pump installation and repair and can help you to keep your home dry during the wetter months. Give us a call today at 609-618-6836 to know about our sump pump cost in Barnegat, NJ.
John from Plumber Near Me in Barnegat, NJ, comes highly recommended for all your plumbing needs. Customers praise his professionalism, punctuality, and reasonable pricing. He is also open to side projects that can be worked on after hours and weekends. Call him at (609) 834-4635 for exceptional service.